Reliant Publishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reliant Publishing

The forum dedicated to comic book publisher Reliant Publishing!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is your favorite villain?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who is your favorite villain? Empty Who is your favorite villain? Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:24 pm

The Bill

The Bill
Administrator
Administrator

I figured that people are always asked, "Who is your favorite hero", so I thought I would put a spin on the question. It can be someone from comics, cartoons, movies...whatever.

There's usually someone we all like even though we are not supposed to. Who is your favorite baddie?

For me, it's the original Hobgoblin. This guy rocked! When he first debuted way back in 1983. Originally, we the readers, as well as Spider-Man had no idea who Hobby was under the mask.

The man under the mask swiped Norman Osborns stuff and became an all new villain. He even adjusted the Goblin Formula, so he could get the superhuman strength and stamina, but none of the insanity. He was a new and improved Goblin!

Unfortunately, due to the writer leaving and editorial changes, we didn't discover the Hobgoblins real identity until 1997! It took a long time, but at least we got our answer.

Nowadays, unlike any other supervillain, the Hobgoblin is retired and living on a tropical island surrounded by half naked women while smoking cuban cigars and drinking fruity alcholic beverages. He established his reputation, got his thrills, made his money and now he's living the easy life. What's not to like?
Who is your favorite villain? 200px-10

http://www.reliantpublishing.com

2Who is your favorite villain? Empty Re: Who is your favorite villain? Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:41 pm

spooks

spooks
Sidekick
Sidekick

Perhaps you should make a multiple choice poll of different villains to pick from, because I am having a hard time thinking of any that are my favorite. Are there any made from a delicious ginger cookie batter that rise from the dead?

3Who is your favorite villain? Empty Re: Who is your favorite villain? Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:09 pm

The Bill

The Bill
Administrator
Administrator

spooks, I believe you may be thinking of the infamous Gingerdead Man, voiced by Gary Busey and star of two (yes, two) films. Shocked

Who is your favorite villain? Showim10
He's coming to get you! Twisted Evil

4Who is your favorite villain? Empty Re: Who is your favorite villain? Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:30 am

spooks

spooks
Sidekick
Sidekick

Gingerdead man is great, but I'll have to go with Catwoman to represent the ladies. She doesn't take anyone's crap and she still looks good after a battle. cat

5Who is your favorite villain? Empty Re: Who is your favorite villain? Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 pm

thomas4d4

thomas4d4
Sidekick
Sidekick

I think the original Joker is my favorite bad guy. Not only is he bad, he's vicious! I also love the Hobgobil and the original Goblin as well is a classic! The King Pin is great too!

6Who is your favorite villain? Empty Re: Who is your favorite villain? Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:49 pm

GoliathAssassin

GoliathAssassin
Masked Vigilante
Masked Vigilante

I never did post anything for this thread, did I? Hm... (scratching chin)

The problem is, I'm having trouble narrowing it down to one! I've always liked Apocalypse for being so all-knowing, calm and arrogant. Honestly, the loopholes that create his defeats... hah! You'd think he could have forseenall of this, but no...

Venom has to be my favorite emotionally-charged villain. He's so vindictive and... (well overpowering against Spidey anyway.)

As far as comedy relief... DEFINITELY Juggernaught! So much power, yet so little gray matter...

Sexy villain? Easy. Poison Ivy! Okay, not easy. All the evil Bat-chicks were hot, but the red hair does almost speak for itself!

http://allpoetry.com/GoliathAssassin

7Who is your favorite villain? Empty Re: Who is your favorite villain? Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:15 pm

The Bill

The Bill
Administrator
Administrator

GoliathAssassin wrote:I never did post anything for this thread, did I? Hm... (scratching chin)

The problem is, I'm having trouble narrowing it down to one! I've always liked Apocalypse for being so all-knowing, calm and arrogant. Honestly, the loopholes that create his defeats... hah! You'd think he could have forseenall of this, but no...

Venom has to be my favorite emotionally-charged villain. He's so vindictive and... (well overpowering against Spidey anyway.)

As far as comedy relief... DEFINITELY Juggernaught! So much power, yet so little gray matter...

Sexy villain? Easy. Poison Ivy! Okay, not easy. All the evil Bat-chicks were hot, but the red hair does almost speak for itself!

If you dig Apocalypse, I HIGHLY suggest reading the storyline "The Age of Apocalypse" from the X-Men titles (circa 1995). Apocalypse conquerors the world and kills most of the non-mutant heroes, leaving little resistence to his rule. To counter this lack of opposition, and since nature abhors a vacuum, Magneto forms the X-Men to take on Apocalypse and his forces.

Good, good read!

Also, I like your choice of villainess.

8Who is your favorite villain? Empty Re: Who is your favorite villain? Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:45 pm

GoliathAssassin

GoliathAssassin
Masked Vigilante
Masked Vigilante

I got a bit of a feel for the Age of Apocalypse during Cable and Bishop's run on the X-Men animated series. I will admit that I've always been curious to read the comics and find out more... but economically-speaking, I haven't been interested enough to fund the investigation! Maybe I will one of these days...

I'll be making some key Relient purchases very shortly, though... what with he 68 hour work weeks I've been forced/blessed with.

http://allpoetry.com/GoliathAssassin

9Who is your favorite villain? Empty Re: Who is your favorite villain? Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:01 pm

The Bill

The Bill
Administrator
Administrator

GoliathAssassin wrote:I got a bit of a feel for the Age of Apocalypse during Cable and Bishop's run on the X-Men animated series. I will admit that I've always been curious to read the comics and find out more... but economically-speaking, I haven't been interested enough to fund the investigation! Maybe I will one of these days...

I'll be making some key Relient purchases very shortly, though... what with he 68 hour work weeks I've been forced/blessed with.

I think Marvel collected the entire storyline in like 2 volumes a while back. You could try amazon and probably find it for not a bad price. The comic version was FAR superior to the lame cartoon "version". Heck, Cable wasn't even in the AoA storyline!

Good to hear about the work!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum