Reliant Publishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reliant Publishing

The forum dedicated to comic book publisher Reliant Publishing!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who would make a better superhero in a comic?

3 posters

Who would make a better superhero in a comic?

Who would make a better superhero in a comic? Vote_lcap75%Who would make a better superhero in a comic? Vote_rcap 75% [ 3 ]
Who would make a better superhero in a comic? Vote_lcap25%Who would make a better superhero in a comic? Vote_rcap 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GoliathAssassin

GoliathAssassin
Masked Vigilante
Masked Vigilante

Ideally, it would be cool to hear WHY you'd be more interested in a comic book for one over the other. But short of that, just have fun voting.

My reason:

Chuck Norris can knock your lights out.
But Jesus can SPEAK them out...
for everyone. pale

http://allpoetry.com/GoliathAssassin

The Bill

The Bill
Administrator
Administrator

I got to go with Chuck Norris. I have read Jesus comics and, well, they are never all that interesting.

The best Jesus cameo I ever saw in a comic book was in an issue of the old (70's) Ghost Rider comic. Ghost Rider was being hassled by Mephisto (Marvel Comics stand in for Satan) and when things seem at it's darkest, Jesus shows up and Mephisto was forced into a hasty retreat! I have to admit, that was pretty cool. I mean, Mephisto has routinely battled and matched wits against people like the Silver Surfer and Thor! Heck, he ended Spider-Man's marriage (God, I HATE that story!) and here all it takes is Jesus showing up and telling Mephisto to beat it, and he does! Yeah, Jesus was pretty B.A. that particular day!

Other than that thou, Jesus doesn't translate well into the comics medium because when you boil it all down, he's a talker not a man of action. Believe me, "talky" comics are RARELY entertaining!

Comics usually don't address the issue of religion much. Nightcrawlers faith that helped to win the day. Firebird, of the Avengers, is another catholic hero. There was a minor storyline about her view of her teammates Thor and Hercules (living, breathing demigods). Of course, let's not forget Venom...comics first catholic supervillian!

Now, on the other hand, Chuck Norris is a man of few words and PLENTY of action! He translates well into comics form. People would rather see Chuck Norris kick a terrorists head off his shoulders than read about Jesus teaching "forgive and forget".

Fair? No. That's just the nature of the medium.

On the bright side, Jesus is featured in the best selling book of all time.

http://www.reliantpublishing.com

GoliathAssassin

GoliathAssassin
Masked Vigilante
Masked Vigilante

"On the bright side, Jesus is featured in the best selling book of all time."

Lol, that He is!

Yeah, I never thought of it the way you've so eloquently expressed. As far as filling panels... Chuck is usually more action-packed.

But that's also where I see that there's something wrong with the perception of Jesus in the first place. I mean during the 33 years he was alive as a man, the guy once took whip in hand and toppled tables to get sinners out of His temple! Maybe just "not enough" of those occurrances to float a comic book, though.

Revelation Jesus would be action-packed, I'm sure of it! But... instead of fighting supervillains, He'd be saving or slaughtering millions of people, based on His judgement, and once the mini-series were finished, there could not (in good taste) ever be a sequel! Okay, I guess Satan would be a good supervillain...

By the way, wasn't Daredevil a Catholic, too? And what's with the insistance upon Catholics? Seems like there's plenty of other Christian and pseudo-Christian sects not getting any representation, here... Speaking of pseudo-Christians, when is someone going to put a Mormon comic on the map?

http://allpoetry.com/GoliathAssassin

beatlesmama

beatlesmama
Sidekick
Sidekick

Yeah, curing leprosy and raising the dead isn't action packed but pretty powerful anyway. cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum